Pembroke fire leaves 25 homeless

0 Official believe blaze started because of unattended stove
September 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm  •  Posted in News by  •  0 Comments

An apartment building fire in Pembroke’s east end Wednesday has left at least 25 people homeless.

No one was injured in the afternoon blaze on John Street that began on the third floor of the three-storey building and spread to the roof.

The tenants are being helped by the Canadian Red Cross and Victim Crisis Assistance & Referral Services, but will be unable to return to the apartment for some time.

The investigation continues, but officials believe the fire may have started because of an unattended stove.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.