The Greater Arnprior Chamber of Commerce held their 11th annual Business Achievement Awards and Gala Thursday night at the Nick Smith Centre, with nine individuals and businesses being recognized in a variety of categories.
Hosted by Valley Heritage Radio’s Jason Marshall, the evening celebrate businesses and business people from Arnprior and McNab-Braeside.
The list of winners included:
The Town of Arnprior Award (presented by Walter Stack, reeve of the Town of Arnprior)
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- RECIPIENT – Mel Porter
McNab/Braeside Awards (presented by Tom Peckett, mayor of McNab/Braeside)
- Business Appreciation Award
- Awarded for leadership … good citizenship … environmental awareness … safety … and community involvement
- RECIPIENT – Neat Café
- Agriculture Appreciation Award
- In recognition of the following accomplishments: leadership … environmental awareness … good citizenship … safety … community involvement … and promoting agriculture
- RECIPIENT – Marilyn Naismith
- Mayor’s Award
- In recognition of an outstanding individual who has contributed to the betterment of our community
- RECIPIENT – Jason Marshall
Greater Arnprior Chamber of Commerce Awards
- Young Entrepreneur Award (presented by Gib McMullen)
- Presented to outstanding individuals under the age of 30 who have started a new business venture … or have been actively involved in our community
- RECIPIENT – Chris McCluskey – Tim Hortons
- Innovation Award (presented by Pamela Cox)
- Awarded to a business that consistently strives to have an inviting and attractive exterior. Curb appeal … signage … and display is well maintained … and appropriate for the type of business
- RECIPIENT – Cathy Brennan – Braeside Home Furnishings
- New Business Award (presented by Mark Nibourg)
- Awarded to a company than has been established for more than a year, but less than three years. May include the expansion of an existing business into a new venture. The new business/venture will demonstrate exceptional performance and financial vialbility.
- RECIPIENT – Urban Sport
- Skilled Trade Business Award (presented by Pamela Cox)
- Awarded to a skilled trade business or individual … that consistently demonstrates a high level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction. The candidate demonstrates a commitment to customer service over a prolonged period of time … with an impact on sales.
- RECIPIENT – Scheel Windows
- Business Person of the Year Award (presented by Julie Brown)
- RECIPIENT – Lori Van Wyk – Rona
- President’s Award (presented by Murray Hughes)
- RECIPIENT – Arnprior and Area Physicians Recruitment Committee