Careless smoking cause of blaze

0 Last week's Renfrew fire leaves dozens homeless for six to eight months
January 14, 2015 at 10:33 pm  •  Posted in News by  •  0 Comments

Careless smoking is the cause behind a major fire that tore through an apartment building on Vimy Boulevard in Renfrew last week.

According to a report in the Renfrew Mercury, Renfrew Fire Chief Guy Longtin presented a report to council this week in which the Ontario Fire Marshal has pointed to a cigarette starting the blaze that caused $2-million in damage and leaving dozens of people unable to return to their homes for six to eight months.

Three people were hurt in the January 7th fire and one remains at Ottawa’s General Hospital with serious injuries.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.